Who Should Take This Course ?
Knowing how and when to use emergency oxygen is a great skill to have and means you’re ready to help others should the need arise. Becoming a PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider lets you breathe easy knowing that you can recognize scuba diving illnesses treatable with emergency oxygen, and are prepared to offer aid.
There are no prerequisites, age restrictions or water sessions required for this course – it’s open to everyone. Scuba divers, snorkelers and anyone who is around divers – boat crew, lifeguards, etc. – will benefit from having this training.
What will you learn ?
You’ll learn about dive injuries, different types of emergency oxygen equipment and safety considerations when using oxygen. Then you’ll practice:
- Assembling and disassembling emergency oxygen equipment.
- Deploying a non-rebreather mask and a demand inhalator valve on a breathing diver.
- Using a pocket mask on a nonbreathing diver.
How can you start learning now ?
Visit Jomtien Dive Center to enroll in the course and get your PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Manual. Read the manual before class as directed by your instructor in preparation for skill practice.
What scuba gear will you use ?
Our PADI Instructors will have emergency oxygen units available to use for training and Jomtien Dive Center can help you purchase your own unit for use after the class. You’ll also need to have a disposable non-rebreather mask to use during practice sessions, which we provide.
Be oxygen savvy and earn this important certification:
- Enroll in an Emergency Oxygen Provider course at Jomtien Dive Center.
- Browse our available PADI Courses and check out related courses, such as PADI Rescue Diver and Emergency First Response.